1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1⁄4 cup butter or shortening
1⁄2 cup brown sugar
1⁄2 cup molasses
1 cup skim milk
1 1⁄2 cups bran
- Preheat oven to 400° F (205° C).
- Place a lightly oiled Muffin Maker on a Sheet Pan.
- Whisk first 4 ingredients and set aside.
- Cream butter or shortening and sugar in a separate bowl. Stir in molasses, eggs, milk and bran.
- Using a spoon, combine dry and wet ingredients in swift strokes. Spoon into prepared Muffin Maker. Bake 15–18 minutes.